Groove, previously Levyl^UP, is a new platform that allows individuals to gain confidence and learn about personal finance while setting goals in a fun and gamified way.
We are looking for a contractor to manage the entire editorial process. Day-to-day duties would consist of auditing our current content tracks to determine individual topics that are missing, using current freelancers or finding individuals to create the missing content, writing/editing scripts as needed, writing/editing articles and other content as needed, uploading content into the CMS and working with the graphic designers to provide imagery for content before publishing.
The Personal Finance Editor will have a deep understanding of topics from tax content to investing. Editor will work with current freelancers and also onboard new freelancers as needed. Editing will consist not only of articles, but also of TikTok and video scripts.
Editor will also be responsible for understanding the overall content strategy and adding content to enhance the user journey.
Journalism experience a big plus, but not required for the right candidate. Must be conversational in editorial tone. AP Knowledge of AP style is important as is a belief in no Oxford commas.
The editor would also work closely with the head of content, graphic designers and the project manager.
- Enhance and continue to develop the overall content strategy - articles, videos, quizzes, etc.
- Audit existing content for quality and breadth of coverage across topics
- Identify, onboard and nurture a bench of freelancers
- Manage freelancers to produce written and video content
- Working with marketing team on social media video scripts.
- Work cross-functionally with graphic designer and project manager
- At least 5 years experience in personal finance content creation, journalism or writing.
- Working in-depth knowledge of personal finance
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Deep understanding of social media content and creating new content for social platforms.
- Consistently deliver high quality work on time/on budget
- Background in journalism a plus
- Video editing skills a plus
- Ability to understand systems quickly and adapt to changes as needed
Part-time, 20 hours a week
$50-70/hr commensurate with experience
Groove is a project of the Singleton Foundation for Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurship. Learn more at http://groovemoney.org/
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying